What is Rhythm Offense?
Rhythm Offense contains two simple teaching concepts that can be applied to multiple areas of coaching basketball: Count Method and Number System.
- Creates a simple progression to guide players decisions when they catch the ball in various Count Situations.
- Provides a way to teach timing within your half court offense.
- Allow players to practice the skills of shooting and attacking the rim within a desired time frame even when they are working out by themselves.
- Coaches can use it as a base to teach closeouts.
- Advanced count methods are discussed as well.
- Creates a language that allows for quick communication between a coach and their players both in practice and games.
- Allows a coach to quickly put an offense and defense emphasis on practice drills and small sided games (SSGs).
- Allows for a coach to assign game roles.
- Can be used for Player Matchups and Scouting Reports.
Overall the concepts in the #RhythmOffense are simple and effective. The concepts are left open ended so coaches can use their imagination and apply them however they want to. After reading the book, contact me if you have any questions on applying the concepts into your current offensive or together we can build an offense from scratch that best suites your coaching style and player's skill sets.